Urbane Beauty Co. offers custom lash extensions from experienced lash experts in Latham, NY that will give you stunning, full, curved lashes that you'll want to show off.
What are Lash Extensions?
Lash extensions are semi-permanent synthetic lash, usually made from mink/faux mink or silk fibers that are applied strand by strand to your natural lashes. Because of how they are individually applied, lash extensions are a form of art, and the results can vary greatly depending on the experience of the lash artist. This is why here at Urbane Beauty Co. in Latham, NY our eyelash professionals are highly trained and experienced, so you can be confident that you’re getting the best eyelash extension service in the Albany area. Our lash technicians work with you to create a custom lash extension that fits your wants and needs. Whether you want very full, more dramatic lashes or more natural-looking extensions, we will create the right lash for you.
Why Lash Extensions?
Lash extensions are made to enhance your natural lashes with more length, fullness, and lift. They are semi-permanent and last until new lashes grow in, so you’ll have your ideal lashes day and night. It’s no secret that society applauds long, thick eyelashes, which leads people to apply mascara every day, and then constantly worry about their lashes/makeup throughout the day. With lash extensions, you can look put-together at all times, save hours upon hours not having to apply mascara daily, and save yourself tons of stress by knowing that, as long as you have your extensions, your lashes are perfect and there is nothing to worry about.
Frequently Asked Questions About Lash Extensions
Lash extensions are attached to the lashes themselves, so they last as long as the natural growth cycle of the lash, which is usually about 6 weeks.
Yes! The final look is meant to enhance your natural lashes. Whether that look is more dramatic or more natural is up to the client.
Expect the treatment to take one to two hours, depending on your desired look. A good lash technician will take their time, as the application is an art form, and each individual lash needs attention.
If anyone is advertising how fast they apply lash extensions, beware that they are probably cutting corners and not giving the lashes the proper attention they need.
We offer Classic, Mega, Hybrid, and Volume lash extensions.
If you are not sure which is right for you and would like to consult with us, please feel free to reach out and contact us!
Lash Extension Pictures
- For best results do not use waterproof mascara or curl your lashes 5 days prior to your treatment
- No eye makeup on the day of your appointment. For example, mascara, eye shadow, eyeliner, etc.
- Remove any eye makeup with oil-free makeup remover the day prior
- It’s recommended to wash your hair prior to your appointment because you may not for 48 hours after
Careful after-care is very important for producing a beautiful and lasting result.
- Keep lashes dry for at least 24 hours after application
- Wash every 2-3 days with Lash Shampoo and fluffy brush, preferable at the sink for more control. Rinse thoroughly with water leaving no soapy residue.
- Brush at least once daily with a clean mascara wand.
- Avoid Oils. Check face products for oils and avoid the eye area. Oil from our hands and hair can also break down the glue of the extensions.
- Hands Off. Avoid rubbing, pulling or itching eyes. This can not only pull the extension off but can result in possible damage to the natural lash.
- No Mascara! Do not apply mascara to your lash extensions. Not only does it break down the glue over time but is extremely hard to completely remove it from the lashes once it is appplies. The extensions will never have their original “fluff” again.
- Make sure all other eye makeup is labeled as “Extensions Safe” and can be removed from the eyelid overnight with OIL-FREE makeup remover.
- Sleep flat on your back or with a sleep mask made for eyelash extensions for the best protection.
- Be Cautious of Heat such as bonfires, lighters, heat waves from the oven or hot hair dryers.