Urbane Beauty Co. provides permanent eyeliner service from beauty experts in Latham, NY so you can always look your best without the hassle of putting on makeup.
What is Permanent Eyeliner?
Permanent eyeliner is a type of tattoo done to replace traditional eyeliner and is done by Experts here at Urbane Beauty Co. in Latham, NY. If you want perfect eyeliner all the time, without the need to worry about it smudging, buying it all the time, or applying it every day, then permanent eyeliner is for you.
Why Permanent Eyeliner?
There are many positives to having permanent eyeliner. First and foremost, it saves you time worrying about and putting on eyeliner everyday, and saves you money over the long term because you won’t have to spend any money on eyeliner for years! It also stops you from worrying about smudges, smears, or your eyeliner wearing off. Your eyes will be defined and perfect all the time. Permanent eyeliner is also ideal for people that have allergies to cosmetic products, or have trouble applying makeup because of unstead hands or vision problems. Never worry about your eyeliner again! Swim, shower, or exercise with confidence that you’ll always look perfect.
Frequently Asked Questions About Permanent Eyeliner
Permanent eyeliner will last anywhere from 1 to 5 years depending on your lifestyle. At which point you’ll either need to go back to traditional eyeliner or get a touch up.
A numbing anesthetic is applied before and during your procedure to keep pain and discomfort to a minimum.
It is a form of tattoo, although different techniques and pigments are used. Anytime color is implanted into the dermis of the skin, it is technically a tattoo, regardless of the manner in which it is performed.
Although the process is similar to getting a regular tattoo, there are some key differences:
- Eyeliner tattoo is only applied to the first layers of skin, so the colour fades over time. Traditional skin tattoo ink goes much deeper into the skin.
- It is only semi-permanent
- It is less painful than a regular skin art tattoo
- Cosmetic tattoo inks contain less of a metal base, which is the component that allows ink to permanently adhere.
Some patients experience minor swelling and tenderness around the treated area for a few hours after treatment.
Because of how the skin heals, the pigment will slightly change in darkness for a few weeks following the appointment. Because of this, a follow-up enhancement session is usually necessary 8-12 weeks after your initial appointment, to touch up the finer details.
You must be 18 years of age or older to receive permanent makeup.
Permanent Eyeliner Pictures
- Arrive WITHOUT any eye makeup or eyelashes on
- Remove eyelash extensions one week prior to eyeliner procedure
- Discontinue Latisse and any other lash growth serum for a minimum of 4 weeks prior
- No lash tinting, lifting, perming or curling for a minimum of one week prior
- If you wear contacts, please do not wear them to your appointment and refrain from wearing them for a minimum of 24 hours after procedure is finished.
- Do not work out 48 hours before procedure.
- NO alcohol or caffeine 48 hours before procedure (Yes, there is caffeine in decaf coffee and tea!).
- Avoid sun and tanning on your face two weeks prior to procedure.
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Advil/Ibuprofen 48 hours before procedure.
- Avoid Fish Oil, Prenatal Vitamins, Nutritional Shakes (Shakeology, etc), “Hair, Skin, Nail” supplements two weeks prior to procedure.
- Discontinue Retin-A, Chemical and Laser Peels, Microdermabrasions, Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA), and any chemical exfoliant or “brightening” skincare at least 6 weeks prior (Once your eyeliner has fully healed, you must cover your tattoo area with VASELINE prior to the use of these products to prevent premature fading).
- It is recommended to begin taking Arnica and/or bromelain one week prior to procedure.
- Please Note: You will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
Careful after-care is very important for producing a beautiful and lasting result.
**We recommend to have someone drive you home after the procedure!**
- Do not wear contact lenses during the procedure or for 24 hrs after.
- Have sunglasses available. Eyes may be light sensitive or even dilated immediately after. The sunglasses are also handy for hiding puffy eyes.
- Take Tylenol as necessary for discomfort.
- Eyes may feel dry or irritated. Lubricating refresher drops may be used.
- Apply ointment with clean fingers twice daily for 10 days after cleaning. No scrubbing or rubbing.
- Do not pick or pull off the sloughing pigment, let it fall off naturally! Itching is normal.
- You may apply a clean ice pack (which must be protected with a wet barrier film of paper toweling, towel or cloth) for 10-minute intervals for the first 48 hours. Ice may be applied every hour or so, if desired. Do not put ice directly on area.
- Refrain wear makeup on or around the eyes for a minimum of 7 days.
- Do not use an eyelash curler for 2 weeks. Clean eyelash curler with alcohol prior to using.
- Refrain from eyelash extensions for a minimum of 2 weeks post your eyeliner procedure.
- Avoid Retin-A, Glycolic Acids, and Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) near eyes to prevent premature fading.
- Avoid direct sun exposure and tanning beds for a minimum of 4 weeks after your procedure. Direct sunlight can cause the pigment to change color while it is healing and can also cause hyper pigmentation and scarring.
- NO underwater swimming and bathing for 4 weeks to avoid bacterial infection.
- Avoid pool, sauna, steam rooms, steamy showers, and hot baths for 10 days.
- Avoid sweating on your face for 10 days. Sweating through or on the brows will expel pigment from the dermis producing poor “patchy results.
Expect moderate swelling, usually one to three days following the eyeliner procedure. While healing, the eyeliner tattoo will look spotty. This is due to healing skin regeneration. Healed eyeliner will fade up to 50%. Multiple sessions may be required to achieve the desired results.
The above Pre and Post-Care for eyeliner will affect how quickly or slowly you heal. Mature age, poor diet, stress, smoking, excessive alcohol consumption, age, general health, sleep/fatigue. The more fatigued you are, the lower your immune system is, and infection is more likely to occur. Please get plenty of rest and drink lots of water to hydrate prior to procedure.
Protect your investment after you’ve healed!
- Exposure to the sun and tanning beds will cause premature fading and discoloration of the pigment.
- Apply a physical sunscreen daily on brow area once completely healed (10 days). We love Alastin Skincare!
- For further sun protection wear hats, sunglasses, and stay in the shade!
- Lasers will alter the color of the pigment. 20% zinc oxide must covering your brow tattoo prior to any laser services.
- Yearly touchups are recommended to maintain your results.
- Certain skincare products and services will cause premature fading of your brow tattoo and may also alter the pigment color. Please apply a barrier layer of Vaseline over your eyeliner tattoo before use of any of the following: glycolic acid, salicylic acid, alpha hydroxy acid, hydroquinone, retinol/retin-a, vitamin c, peels, microdermabrasion, Obagi,or anything anything that brightens or treats hyperpigmentation.
- Frequent chlorine swimmers, please apply a barrier layer of Vaseline over your tattoo prior to swimming, to prevent premature fading.