Eyebrow Microblading in Latham, NY
Urbane Beauty Co. offers microblading services from multi-certified experts in Latham, NY that will leave your eyebrows always looking perfect
What is microblading?
Microblading is a type of semi-permanent brow tattoo. It is the solution to perfecting your arch, enhancing sparse brows, creating brows for those with alopecia, or giving life to an aging brow. Microblading involves the use of tiny sterile disposable needles that deposit pigment just below the surface of the skin. Our Microblading experts apply hairlike strokes to create a very natural-looking brow that won’t blur or look like a solid line, but rather a full beautiful brow.
Microblading can be a life-changing moment for many people with a wide range of issues. Microblading can create an entire brow for those with alopecia or hair loss problems. It can fix patchy, thin, or uneven eyebrows. It can save you countless hours of time putting on and worrying about your makeup and how you look and leave you always feeling confident with constantly perfect brows.
The results of your Microblading procedure can vary wildly depending on where you decide to get your services. The difference in the Artist’s experience, skills, and technique can result in very different results. This is why Urbane prides itself in having the BEST professional Microblading artists in the Albany, NY area available for your brows. Urbane’s Microblading artists are certified in the most up-to-date and advanced Microblading techniques possible.
Frequently Asked Questions About Microblading
Brows will take about 6-8 weeks until they are completely healed and reach their finished look. But it only takes 2 weeks for the peeling process to complete. After 2 weeks you can return to normal routines and activities.
If you keep your brows touched up, they can last forever! You must get a touch-up within the first 6-8 weeks due to healing that happens around the brow area.
Afterwards, a touch-up may be needed 6 months to 1 year after the first touch-up procedure depending on your skin, medications, and sun exposure. We recommend the first touch up 6-8 weeks after the first session. Then every 6 months to 1 year to keep them looking fresh and beautiful.
You cannot undergo Microblading if you are:
- Under 18 years old
- Have epilepsy, hemophilia, or heart disease of any kind. You must have approval from your physician in writing prior to your appointment
- Have received Accutane within the last year
- Are undergoing Chemotherapy (consult your physician)
- Have any viral infections
- Have skin irritations or Psoriasis near the treated area
- Had Botox in the last 3 weeks
We do all that we can to ensure that the process is as comfortable as possible. Before the Microblading begins, a topical anesthetic is applied to the area to minimize discomfort, followed by a liquid anesthetic during the procedure. Some clients may feel a slight discomfort, but it’s relatively pain free for most.
Before & After Pictures
- Prior to your appointment, imagine the look that you wish to achieve. As experts in the field, we ensure that the correct color and shape are chosen for you, however, we value your thoughts and opinions and love to gain insight from each client when making our final decision.
- Be prepared for the color intensity to be significantly sharper and darker immediately after the procedure. This will subside and become softer as the skin heals. This process can take up to fourteen days. Since delicate skin or sensitive areas may be swollen or red.
- Do not take Aspirin or any for of blood thinners 72 hours prior to your appointment. If you are prescribed these medications by your physician it is advised that you ask permission prior to stopping.
- If there is a medical conflict please call before scheduling to discuss your case in more depth.
- Do not discontinue any medication before consulting your doctor.
- Keep alcohol intake to a minimum 24 hours prior to and after your appointment
- Botox should be given 3 weeks prior or 3 weeks after this procedure.
- Do not use Retin-A or Retinols for 7 days prior and avoid the skin that surrounds the brows for at least 14 days after, as these will cause pigments to prematurely fade.
- No chemical peels 30 days before or 30 days after (brows will peel more quickly due to chemicals traveling under the skin).
- Do not workout the day of the procedure, and preferably 5 days after if you are a heavy sweater.
- Do not tan or have a sunburned face.
- No waxing or tinting 3 days before appointment.
What To Expect Immediately After Procedure
- Mild swelling, itching, light scabbing and bruising, this is a good sign as it means the skin in healing.
- Your brows will appear darker and bolder; this is because the pigment takes around 7 days to enter the deeper layers of the skin. After 7-10 days, exfoliation takes place. The top layer of the skin peels off, leaving a softer, lighter color below.
- You may experience color change or color loss as the procedure area heals. This will be addressed during the touch-up, which is why the touch-up is necessary. The procedure area needs to be completely healed before the touch-up, which usually takes around 6-8 weeks.
- A touch-up may be needed 6 months to 1 year after the first touch-up procedure depending on your skin, medications, and sun exposure. We recommend the first touch-up 6-8 weeks after the first session. Then every 6 months to 1 year to keep them looking fresh and beautiful.
Careful after-care is very important for producing a beautiful and lasting result.
- On the first day of your procedure, every hour gently wipe your eyebrows with a cotton pad dipped in distilled water. Next apply a very thin layer of after care cream (which you will be given at your appointment) to your eyebrows.
- From days 2-7 you will clean the brows with damp cotton, and the proceed to dab a very thin layer of cream 2-3 times daily. Do not scrub, pick, or rub at the epithelial crust that forms. Allow it to flake off naturally; if it is removed before it is ready, the pigment underneath can be pulled out.
- Do not use any make-up on the brows for at least 14 days.
- Do not expose area to the sun or tanning beds for 14 days.
- Do not use Retin-A or Glycolic Acids in the brow area during or after healing.
- Avoid swimming pools for 14 days.
- After the area is completely healed, you may go back to your regular cleansing and make-up routine. Avoid rubbing the area and be sure to apply sunscreen to prevent fading.
FAILURE TO FOLLOW AFTER-CARE INSTRUCTIONS MAY RESULT IN INFECTIONS, PIGMENT LOSS, OR DISCOLORATION.