Urbane Beauty Co. offers custom spray tanning services from highly trained professionals in Latham, NY that will give your skin the perfect tone.
What is a Spray Tan?
Spray tanning is a method of sunless tanning in which a fine mist is sprayed over the body by our professionals at Urbane Beauty Co. in Latham, NY, making it tan. The mist contains DHA (Dihydroxyacetone), a non-toxic FDA-approved chemical for cosmetic use, that makes your skin tan, or bronze. The DHA is not a coloring itself, it reacts with amino acids that are on the surface of the skin which creates the tan look.
Why get a Spray Tan?
The largest benefit of a spray tan is getting a perfect, sun-kissed glow without endangering your skin or health. By choosing spray tanning over traditional tanning, you significantly decrease your risk of developing skin-related cancers, such as melanoma. In addition to health risks, prolonged UV exposure can cause premature aging in the skin and cause wrinkling. When you get airbrushed by our skincare professionals, you’ll get a 100% natural-looking, even-toned, and perfectly-blended tan.
Spray Tanning Pictures
On the day before your appointment:
- Shave: On the day prior to tanning shave all areas of your body that you normally shave with a fresh razor and quality shaving cream. Shaving on the day of your spray tan may leave some skin pores open, which will show up as tiny pin points. Shaving a day prior allows the pores to close after shaving. If you wax, do this two days prior to your airbrush tan,
- Wash your body thoroughly with a non-moisturizing soap or body wash.
- Exfoliate: Using a loofah, glove or body scrub mitt exfoliate that body! Slough it all off! Pay extra attention to your knees, heels and elbows as this is where we tend to have extra patches of rough skin.
- After showering, DO NOT apply any lotions, deodorants, perfumes or make-up. Your skin can now easily absorb the organic spray tanning formula that will give you a beautiful airbrush spray tan.
On the day of the appointment:
- Wear loose-fitting, dark clothing to your appointment. Avoid jeans, bras, socks, sneakers, watches – Anything tight against the skin will be too abrasive and could rub off your organic spray tan before it has a chance to set in.
- Your airbrush spray tan will set in 12 hours after your session.
Careful after-care is very important for producing a beautiful and lasting result.
- Avoid getting wet while your tan develops
- Do not apply moisturizer, deodorant or foundation until after your first shower
- Avoid physical exercise, heat or other situations where you might sweat before your first shower to allow the tan to develop fully.
- After your first shower, MOISTURIZE! But avoid any products that contain mineral oil or parabens.
- After your first shower, keep in mind that swimming pools and hot tubs will shorten life of your airbrush spray tan. Chlorine and hot water strip the product from your skin.
- Apply SPF sunscreen to your skin. Although your skin looks tan, it can still burn.
Your tan will take 12 hours to develop!