Saline Tattoo Removal in Latham, NY
Urbane Beauty Co. offers laserless tattoo removal services from highly trained professionals in Latham, NY that will leave your skin a fresh, blank slate.
What is Saline Tattoo Removal?
Saline tattoo removal is a laserless type of tattoo removal that is performed by our certified professionals at Urbane Beauty Co. in Latham, NY. Saline tattoo removal uses a saline solution to draw tattoo ink and pigment out of the skin, and is most commonly used for cosmetic tattoo removal. It can be used to simply lighten, edit or even fully remove tattoos. The saline solution for the removal is simply a mixture of salts and water, with some other additives like aloe vera, which is injected into the skin, causing the pigment of the tattoo to wash out with the solution when the water is pulled out of the skin.
Why get Saline Tattoo Removal?
Even though laser tattoo removal can more efficiently remove most tattoos, there are still plenty of reasons to choose saline tattoo removal. For example, many cosmetic tattoos, such as microblading tattoo removal and permanent makeup tattoo removal, don’t respond well to laser removal, so saline removal is the preferred method. Some people just prefer not to use a laser and choose saline tattoo removal instead. It is still just as effective as laser removal, it just may take more sessions to achieve the desired look.
Frequently Asked Questions About Saline Tattoo Removal
The amount of sessions it will take to remove a tattoo with saline removal can vary greatly depending on the type of ink used, size of the tattoo and location. Generally it takes about 10-20 sessions to completely remove a tattoo with saline removal, and usually less for cosmetic tattoos.
Large tattoos are usually better suited for laser removal, as the process creates an open wound and the treated skin is vulnerable until it heals, so it is much better to care for a smaller tattoo with saline removal.
If you’re not sure what type of tattoo removal you should choose, please don’t hesitate to contact us!
The healing process takes about 8-10 weeks depending on how fast your skin heals. You will need to wait for your skin to fully heal between sessions.
Yes! You can do tattoo edits with saline removal.
Yes! Saline removal is ideal for cosmetic tattoos such as eyebrow and microblading tattoos.
Saline Tattoo Removal Pictures
Careful after-care is very important for producing a beautiful and lasting result.
- KEEP AREA CLEAN and open to the air. Do not cover with a Band-Aid or anything else, leave open to air. Air/oxygen provides good and faster healing. You should not be touching the area at all but if you find yourself needing to please make sure your hands are exceptionally clean.
- DO NOT SOAK the treated area in water. You can shower as normal but keep the area out of the shower spray the best you can and do not let the area stay wet for more than a few minutes.
- NO BATHING, SWIMMING, SAUNAS, HOT TOBS, TANNING, OR INTENSE EXERCISE.
- DO NOT disrupt the scabbing process (i.e. no picking, scratching, etc.) All scabbing needs to fall off naturally. If you force or pick a scab off you will disrupt the process and possibly cause scarring.
- TREAT AREA WITH TLC. DO NOT DO ANYTHING AT ALL THAT COULD CAUSE ISSUE OR PROBLEMS TO THE TREATED AREA.
- ONCE ALL SCABBING HAS NATURALLY FALLEN OFF, apply thin layer of ointment provided) 2 times throughout the day for a minimum of 4 weeks, or until next lightening session. DO NOT start applying the ointment UNTIL all scabbing has completely fallen off. It is our goal to keep the area as dry as possible until all scabs have naturally fallen off.