Plasma Fibroblast Facelift
Urbane Beauty Co. offers Plasma Fibroblast Therapy from multi-certified experts in Latham, NY that will leave your skin looking young and tight.
What is Plasma Firbroblast Therapy?
Plasma Fibroblast Therapy is a type of non-surgical skin tightening treatment that is offered by Urbane Beauty Co. in Latham, NY. Plasma fibroblast therapy uses a pen-like device that discharges a high-frequency electric current to small areas of the skin, otherwise known as fibroblasts. Fibroblasts are collagen and protein-producing cells in the layer just below your outermost layer of skin. As we age, the dermal layer of our skin thins, our bodies produce less collagen and we lose elasticity. The plasma device releases a targeted current just above the skin. The hot current creates small holes, or micro-injuries, in the fibroblast’s layer, stimulating them and causing them to produce collagen and proteins, which leads to tissue regeneration and skin tightening.
Why Plasma Fibroblas therapy?
Plasma fibroblast therapy is a non-surgical treatment that may be used to treat things such as acne scars, skin-aging, seborrheic keratosis, and wrinkled skin, including the eyelids, neck, jawline, and above the lips. Our certified plasma pen technicians use the fibroblast plasma treatment to eliminate signs of aging by tightening and lifting sagging skin. You can successfully reduce extra skin while dramatically lifting and tightening almost any area on the face and body without the There’s no cutting, stitching, bruising, traditional anesthesia, bleeding, thinned out skin, or an overly pulled or distorted look that can come with surgical skin tightening procedures.
Frequently Asked Questions About Plasma Fibroblas Therapy
A topical anesthetic is applied to the area to be treated as the procedure can be a little uncomfortable. A slight burning sensation can be felt as the skin becomes heated. The anesthetic helps to make this treatment comfortable.
You can expect to have some redness and swelling immediately after the procedure and for a few days following. Tiny dark brown spots will be seen where the individual micro dots have been placed. You will be provided with post treatment balm to apply to the area. The dark spots should be left to fall off naturally as these are protecting the skin underneath. After about 5 days to a week, these will fall off and the skin may still be slightly red. Mineral makeup can be worn 24-48 hours after the treatment. Sun protection must be applied to protect the healing skin.
- Sagging upper eyelids (it’s a non-surgical method of blepharoplasty)
- Under-eye bags and crows feet
- Sagging or loose skin on the neck
- Sagging brows
- Cosmetic nose concerns
- Forehead wrinkles and frown lines
- Wrinkles around the mouth
- Fine lines anywhere on the face
- Sagging skin anywhere on the face
- Loose skin on the stomach
The results of the Fibroblast treatment are permanent and may be visible for years. But, we should acknowledge that the aging process is continuous and the skin ages every day after the procedure. This cannot be stopped. The results of this method are permanent, but when we talk about mimic facial lines, (worry lines), these may recur quickly because muscles are stronger than the skin and, consequently, the lines recur. Average results last from 2 to 4 years.
Results will be most visible after 3 to 4 weeks, when the skin enters the third phase of the healing (collagen and connective tissue growth). So, results are visible immediately after healing begins, but the end results appear 3 to 4 weeks after the treatment.
Candidates with lighter skin are prime candidates for this treatment. People with darker skin tones may not be good candidates due to a higher risk of hyper or hypopigmentation. People with certain skin conditions may also not be prime candidates. A free consultation is required prior to this treatment so our technician may access your skin and suitability and discuss realistic expectations from this treatment.
Fibroblast Plasma Skin Tightening is inadvisable for patients with the following:
- Metal pins or plates
- Severe cardiovascular disorders
- Cancer patients
- Uncontrolled blood pressure
- Blood disorders
- Autoimmune diseases
- Pigmentation disorders
- Fitzpatrick scale 5 and 6
- Herpes Simplex
- Active Eczema
- Allergies to lidocaine
Plasma Fibroblast Therapy Pictures
- Contact lenses must be removed when performing treatment on the upper eyelids.
- Skin should not be inflamed in the area we are treating prior to procedure.
- If you have a sunburn/suntan treatment should be postponed for up to 8 weeks or until tan/burn signs disappear.
- Discontinue use of any AHA and/or Retinol skincare products for 4 weeks prior to treatment.
- Eyelash extensions receiving upper or lower eyelid treatment MUST have lashes removed prior to treatment and reapplied after 8 weeks.
- Discontinue use of any cleaners, creams, and serums containing acids such as salicylic, glycolic, and lactic 4 weeks prior to having any facial Plasma Skin Tightening procedures performed.
Careful after-care is very important for producing a beautiful and lasting result.
- Swelling: You will notice most of the swelling on the morning after your treatment, particularly around the eyes. Swelling usually lasts 2-3 days however, if can last up to 3 weeks, depending on the intensity of the treatment and the healing ability of the patient. To minimize swelling, do the following: Apply cold compresses up to 4 times the first hour after treatment. This will relieve inflammation and excess heat. Please consult with your doctor about taking an Asprin or anti-inflammatory to help with residual pain or swelling in the treated area. Sleep elevated the first night.
- Redness: Most redness resolves 7-10 days after treatment. A “rosy” glow can remain for several weeks after the treatment, again, depending on your healing ability, age, medications, metabolism, etc.
- Dry Skin: Your skin may feel dry, peel, or flake. You may notice a “sand paper” texture a few days after treatment. This is treated tissue working its way out of your body as new, fresh skin in regenerated.
- Bronzing, Crusting and Small Dark Spots: A Fibroblast treatment causes destruction to microscopic cylinders of skin which then exfoliates during the healing process. Fibroblast can make the skin look bronzed or small, circular carbon crusts will appear (DO NOT PICK, SCRATCH OR REMOVE). Scratching or rubbing off any carbon deposits may result in hypo-pigmentation of the skin that may not be able to be reversed, as well as scarring. Please refrain from all scratching, rubbing and picking and treatment areas.
- We recommend no makeup during the healing process over the carbon crusts. If you must wear makeup, a new container of mineral makeup is best.
- When you leave your appointment, you must protect the treatment area from the sun. A big hat, glasses or umbrella can be used. No sunscreen can be used until the carbon crusts have fallen off.
- Upon arriving at home, use the cold compresses if needed. Dab treated skin with Phyto+ green gel (do not rub into skin, push lightly), spray with Colloidal Silver and apply a thin film of Aquaphor. You can do this 4 times throughout the day.
- Once the carbon crusts have fallen off, you can begin using your daily cleanser and moisturizer (nothing harsh and no scrubs for 2 weeks).
- You must wear sunscreen if you are going to be outdoors. Apply every 2 hours. Be diligent with your sunscreen and protecting the treatment area. Use sunscreen for a minimum of 6 weeks post procedure and avoid tanning beds.
- Retin A and bleaching creams can resume 6 weeks after treatment.