Laser Hair Removal
Urbane Beauty Co. offers laser hair removal services from certified professionals in Latham, NY that will give you the silky smooth, hairless skin you've always desired without having to shave!
What is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal is an incredibly popular non-invasive procedure offered by Urbane Beauty Co’s experienced laser technicians in Latham, NY. It involves using a laser to remove unwanted hair from virtually any part of your body, including bikini hair removal. During the process, a highly focused laser beam passes through the skin to the hair follicles and prevents them from growing hair for an extended period of time. Giving you super smooth skin without the downsides of traditional hair removal methods.
Why get Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal is so popular because it is such a safe and effective option for long-term hair removal. Our state-of-the-art laser hair removal typically leaves the skin smoother with less irritation or change of ingrown hairs and lasts longer than other types of hair removal, such as waxing, shaving, or using hair removal products like Nair.
Frequently Asked Questions About Laser Hair Removal
Most patients remain hair free for months or even years. When some of the hair regrows, it will likely be less noticeable. To keep the area completely free of hair, a patient may need touch ups every few years.
It is extremely safe! The U.S Food and Drug Administration approved it as a safe method for hair removal in 1997.
No, some patients report it being slightly uncomfortable at most, like being snapped by a rubber band. Patients also say that is hurts less than getting waxed.
No, there is no downtime!
Laser Hair Removal Pictures
- Area must be shaved 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- The closer the shave the better. If it is your first time, leave a small patch of hair so that your specialist can exam it. (Your Laser Artist will shave it down before beginning the treatment!)
- Bikini services, don’t shave the part where you want to keep the hair.
- No makeup/lotion/deodorant on the day of your appointment (on treatment area).
- Stay out of direct sunlight for at least 3 days prior to your appointment (& 3 days after).
- Do not use self-tanner or spray tan products for at least 2 weeks before your treatment to avoid potential injury.
- Avoid drinking more than 2 alcoholic beverages 24 hours before your treatment .
- Avoid waxing/threading/tweezing in the area for at least 4 weeks. Shaving is ok!
important notes: Laser services cannot be performed on ladies who are pregnant, breastfeeding or trying to conceive. Bikini laser services will not be performed on menstruating clients.
Careful after-care is very important for producing a beautiful and lasting result.
- Redness & Bumps are normal. Immediately after your treatment, redness & bumps at the treatment area are common; these may last up to 2 hours or longer. It is normal for the treated area to feel like a sunburn for a few hours. You should use a cold compress if the sensitivity continues. If there is any crusting, apply an antibiotic cream. Darker pigmented skin may have more discomfort than lighter skin & may persist longer.
- Cleanse the area treated gently. The treated area may be washed gently with a mild soap. Skin should be patted dry & not rubbed during the first 48 hours.
- No makeup & lotion/moisturizer/deodorant for the first 24 hours. Keep the treated area clean & dry, if further redness or irritation persists, skip your makeup & moisturizer, & deodorant (for underarms) until the irritation has subsided.
- Dead hairs will begin to shed 5-30 days after your treatment. Stubble, representing dead hair being shed from the hair follicle, will appear within 5-30 days from the treatment date. that is normal & they will fall out quickly.
- Exfoliate to speed up hair shedding. Anywhere from 5-30 days after the treatment, shedding of the hair may occur & this may appear as new hair growth. It is not new hair growth, but the dead hair pushing its way out of the follicle. You can help the hair come out by washing with a washcloth or exfoliating cloth & shaving.
- Avoid the sun. Avoid sun exposure to reduce the chance of dark or light spots for 2 months. Use sunscreen (spf 25 or higher) at all times throughout the treatment period & for 1-2 months following.
- Do not pick/scratch/wax/thread/tweeze the area. Avoid picking or scratching the treated skin. do not use any other hair removal methods or products, other than shaving, on the treated area during the course of your laser treatments, as it will prevent you from achieving the best results.