Body Waxing in Latham, NY
Urbane Beauty Co. offers body waxing services for any part of your body from experienced professionals in Latham, NY that will leave your skin silky smooth.
What is Body Waxing?
Waxing is a hair removal process that uses wax to remove hair in any desired area at the root. Here at Urbane Beauty Co. in Latham, NY we have experienced waxing technicians that are able to strategically remove hair on any part of your body. We also use only the best products that are specifically formulated to prevent skin irritation in order to leave your skin silky smooth.
Why get a Body Wax?
Waxing can be far more effective than other forms of hair removal. It lasts far longer than most other hair removal methods. When hair is shaved or removed by creams like Nair, the hair is removed at the surface rather than the hair root, meaning that within a few days, the hair can reappear back at the surface. With these other methods, the hair also tends to grow back in a rough stubble and tends to leave ingrown hairs and red irritation. Areas that are repeatedly waxed over long periods of time often exhibit hair regrowth that is softer and results in far less irritation and ingrown hairs. Let us give you smooth, hair-free skin!
Frequently Asked Questions About Body Waxing
Waxing can remove unwanted hair for up to 6 weeks.
At least 1/4 of an inch.
No, it will not. Waxing removes the hair by the root, often weakening the root in process. Therefore, if anything, waxing will make the hair finer and sparser with repeated regular waxing, and causes waxing to hurt less if you do it regularly.
Urbane Beauty Co. offers the following waxing services:
Bikini Line Wax
Full Leg Wax
Half Leg Wax
If you would like a different body part wax, please contact us and we’ll see if we can accomodate you.
Waxing removes the hair by the root, rather than trimming the surface. This means the hair stays away longer, and leaves the skin smoother, with far less irritation and ingrown hairs appearing when you wax versus shave.
Getting waxed can be uncomfortable and slightly painful to some, or not painful at all to others. Everyone’s pain tolerance is different, so there is no easy way to tell if the waxing process will be painful for you or not. Some parts of the body also tend to be more sensitive than others, so the body part being waxed also plays a part. However, most clients say that it doesn’t hurt nearly as much as they had imagined!
Pricing depends on the body part(s) being waxed.
Lip/Chin Wax – $15
Bikini Line Wax – $30
Brazilian Wax – $70
Full Leg Wax – $70
Half Leg Wax – $40
Back Wax – $70
Chest Wax – $70
Stomach Wax – $30
Arm Wax – $45
Underarm Wax – $30
Click here to view the pricing options and book an appointment, or contact us if you have any questions about the options.
Body Waxing Pictures
- Exfoliate the waxing area 24-48 hours before your appointment. This will keep the skin soft and smoother and prevent ingrown hairs.
- Bathe or shower on the day of your appointment to open up follicles, allowing for easier hair removal.
- Do not apply any deodorants, make-up, lotions, soaps, powders, perfumes, or self-tanning products to the area being waxed.
- Take 1-2 ibuprofen about 30 minutes before your appointment if you have never had a wax before or find the process painful.
Careful after-care is very important for producing a beautiful and lasting result.
After your waxing service, you may expect the area to be red, some may experience blood spots due to thicker, courser hair and the area may feel tender and tingle.
For the first 24 hours after a waxing service, DO NOT do the following to prevent irritating the skin:
- Touch or scratch the waxed area
- Exfoliate the waxed area
- Take a very hot shower. Make sure to keep the temperature low and ensure the water runs off the waxed area
- Wash or scrub the waxed area
- Use a sauna or steam room
- Exercise, go to the gym or swim
- Sunbathe, go tanning, or expose the waxed area to extended amounts of sunlight and UV. Sweat can infect open follicles and heat can irritate the waxed area.
- Apply products to the waxed area such as deodorants, make-up, lotions, soaps, powders, perfumes, self-tanning products, etc.
- Wear tight-fitting clothing that may cause friction to the waxed area